Wednesday, December 3, 2008

3 x 50 =

We spend a great deal of time in the car driving from one activity to another during the week and recently I calculated how many hours a week were spent on the road. Usually, we are 'in transit' for about an hour (or more a day). This has actually turned into quite a blessing for our family especially since we started listening to THIS kids program whenever possible from 3 PM to 5 PM on weekdays.

It has been amazing how much John and Elizabeth have learned and grown through it. Sometimes we let them call in and they have actually been on the air on several occasions with "Mr. Matthew". It is one of the very best things we do on a regular basis. I can't tell you how much J + E enjoy the programs and how much I am thrilled with the content! On days we are home, the children get to listen to it while they clean their rooms :)

On average, I would estimate they get to hear about 3 hours a week worth and that adds up to about 150 hours a year! Then, as this chain of thoughts progressed, I realized how many minutes we could translate into similar learning experiences and how it really does add up to a worthwhile amount of time!

If you live in the broadcast area of this wonderful station, you can pick it up via 91.5 FM from 3-5 PM weekdays or listen online.
Be sure to check all the other programing offered as it's been an incredible blessing to our entire family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up listening to 91.5! I still love to hear some of the stories. Adventures in Odyssey is still my all time favorite! I love Mr. Whitaker, Connie, Eugene, etc. I also love Uncle Charlie and the Children's Bible Hour. The station also has children's stories on Saturday mornings...